Reviews for every game I've played so far. :D 103% my opinion.
..::Red and Blue::..
- GRAPHICS - There was only about 2 main colours through the whole game (Red and green in red, and blue and red in blue). A LOT of the Pokemon sprites were very odd, but the movement of the sprites, the special effects and the backgrounds were good. Though not the best ever, they were good.
- SOUND - Again, not the best ever, but good. No annoying ancient bleeps, and decent music and decent FX.
- GAMEPLAY - Very easy to get the hang of, easy layout, etc.
- STORY - Original, though somewhat easy, and it started the whole thing. :D Fair amount of major events. Not a real storyline, since you make it up yourself.
- "COOL STUFF" - Missingno, Glitch City, Safari Zone, Slots.
- OVERALL - Impact was huge, started off the whole fandom that's here today.
- GRAPHICS - Same as RB, except with more colour and a Pikachu icon. Sprites have been changed, and are a LOT better than before.
- SOUND - Exactly the same as RB, with added Pikachu cries.
- GAMEPLAY - Pikachu follows you, and everything else = RB.
- STORY - You recieve Pikachu as your starter, and he/she follows behind you in the game. Pikachu also becomes more fond of you as you treat him/her better, or do anything to please him/her. Muchly the same as RB.
- "COOL STUFF" - Pikachu, Surfing Pikachu game, aspects from the anime.
- OVERALL - While most stuff is the same as RB, the added things make it better. and a half
..::Gold and Silver::..
- GRAPHICS - A LOT better, full colour, more icons, awesome sprites, very bright.
- SOUND - Great music, good FX, etc.
- GAMEPLAY - Like RBY, very easy to get the hang of, easy layout, some new aspects like the Bag, but still simple to use.
- STORY - More major events, availability to go to Kanto, story continued 3 years after RBY. Very good, extra points.
- "COOL STUFF" - Pokegear, Night & Day, Genders, breeding, happiness values, continued story, shiny pokemon, waterfall/whirlpools, steel and dark types, 100 new pokemon, backwards trading compatibility, bug catching contest, cell phones, money saving, bedroom decorations, apricorns, days of the week, berries.
- OVERALL - Pure awesome, definately 5 out of 5.
- GRAPHICS - Same as GS, with animated sprites. Mix of Gold and Silver Sprites, new legendary dog sprites, occasional update.
- SOUND - GS with a few tweaks here and there.
- GAMEPLAY - Exactly same as GS.
- STORY - Suicune a lot more involved.
- "COOL STUFF" - Same as GS, animations, ability to play as a female trainer, legendary dog battle music, battle tower.
- OVERALL - Just a slightly updated version of GS.
..::Ruby and Sapphire::..
- GRAPHICS - Woah dude. Awesome, nuff said.
- SOUND - Awesome too.
- GAMEPLAY - Slightly harder with the added stuff, but still easy to master. :P
- STORY - Good lot of major events, nice opening, somewhat different to the previous games. Still kept the big impact.
- "COOL STUFF" - More new Pokemon, 2 types of bike, weather effects, diving, detailed terrains, lotsa puzzles, contests, trainers eyes, berry blending, pokeblocks, berry flavours, running shoes, secret bases, tv shows, individual party/box icons, marks, better box system, more decorations...
- OVERALL - Well, what a start to the GBA. Too bad they got rid of some of the good stuff from GSC. and a half
..::Firered and Leafgreen::..
- GRAPHICS - Like RS, but slightly better. :D
- SOUND - Music is waaaaaay better.
- GAMEPLAY - Just like RS.
- STORY - Longer than RS, with Sevii Islands and Team Rocket.
- "COOL STUFF" - Ability to trade to RS, Sevii Islands, legendaries have ingame icons, wireless adapter, better text, the odd loadsa things that are better than RS.
- OVERALL - Yay, it was better than RS.
- GRAPHICS - The FRLG font looks better here, and while the animations are ok, the minor changes are good.
- SOUND - Same as RS, but with new music for the Rayquaza/Kyogre/Groudon thing and the Battle Frontier etc. The weather disaster music was much better and more dramatic.
- GAMEPLAY - Same as as RS.
- STORY - The Kyogre/Groudon story was better thought out than in RS. Adding Rayquaza to it made it a lot better. And making both Aqua and Magma the bad guys was great. Releasing Groudon NOT under the sea was better.
- "COOL STUFF" - Rayquaza available (and easier to get :D) before the Elite 4, mini quests for Kyogre/Groudon, Battle Frontier, Battle tents, optional Lati@s, animated sprites, wireless adapter, Safari Zone upgrade, Johto starters available after Hoenn dex completed, random 2 vs 2 battles, not just things like twins, young couples etc.
- OVERALL - Best advance game by far.
- GRAPHICS - Not bad for 3D, but not the best ever. Attack effects were cool.
- SOUND - Again, not the best ever, but good.
- GAMEPLAY - A bit confusing at first, but good.
- STORY - There wasn't really a story as such.
- "COOL STUFF" - Its 3D, mini games.
- OVERALL - Nice, but not the best game ever.
- GRAPHICS - Same as Stad 1.
- SOUND - My memory's a bit blank, but I think it improved a bit.
- GAMEPLAY - Same as Stad 1.
- STORY - Same as Stad 1.
- "COOL STUFF" - 3D, Johtos, mini games, some other things I can't remember.
- OVERALL - Like Stad 1, not the best ever, but it was good. and a half
- GRAPHICS - the same old 3D but with detailed terrain. XD
- SOUND - I loved the music. Very good.
- GAMEPLAY - a bit dodgy if you never used the Z stick, but it was good.
- STORY - There was none. XD
- "COOL STUFF" - very original idea.
- OVERALL - Really good idea, and Ninty made a good game out of it.
- GRAPHICS - Only the Pokemon and their moves looked good.
- SOUND - Liked the battle music and various town musics. Good.
- GAMEPLAY - Damn, the trainer you play as moves TOO SLOW. Other than that, pretty simple.
- STORY - A bit cliche, the nice guy at the start turns out to be the ultimate bad guy. And you have a sidekick with "special powers" and you change your ways and become a good guy. Shame.
- "COOL STUFF" - Shadow pokemon were cool, and there's a lot of Johtos.
- OVERALL - With more bad points than good, I can only give this a 2 and a half. Takes way too long to complete, and gets very boring. and a half
- GRAPHICS - The same old 3D, but the weather effects were great.
- SOUND - Great music, and the Pokemon with not-game cries made it sound a lot better.
- GAMEPLAY - So simple.
- STORY - 5 days long! that's all!
- "COOL STUFF" - I'd say the whole game.
- OVERALL - Way too short. And it does get very boring when you've collected all the cards and dolls and got Pichu bros in 5 different languages. and a half